Welcome to Our Lady of Mt Carmel Primary School. Our aim is to provide a Catholic education for all students, in each aspect of spiritual, physical, emotional, social and intellectual development.
Such an aim implies that the school will create an atmosphere which assists the child to:
- Come to know who God is, Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit
- Develop and deepen their faith in God
- Develop a Christian lifestyle based on a personal and communal relationship with Christ
- Develop a good self-image
- Recognise their individual giftedness and that of others
- Develop a sense of belonging and acceptance and a sense of security and self-confidence
- Acquire skills appropriate to their level of development
- Develop an enquiring mind in an environment conducive to co-operative learning
- Acquire skills and knowledge which will enable them to be a useful member of society
Develop a spirit of community within the school and extend it to the wider community in which the child sees him/herself as:
- A member of diverse groups
- Involved in co-operative tasks
- Owing loyalty to others
- Serving and being served
- Forgiving and being forgiven
- Responsible for maintaining acceptable standards of behaviour
Our Lady of Mount Carmel is part of a learning community with strong links to our Parish, other Catholic primary schools in the Parish: St Anne’s and Holy Trinity (2019) and our local Catholic Secondary School, Salesian College.
Our Lady of Mount Carmel School, Sunbury
The OLMC community is committed to the safety, wellbeing and protection of all children in our care. At OLMC we strive to maintain a child safe and inclusive environment where each child feels safe and free to enjoy the day to the full without any concern for their safety. The wellbeing of all children in our care will always be our first priority.